Get the most buyers interested, sell for the best price! Sell now for summer or autumn possession! Call us today at 344-9393!
118 Aiken Road
Call or Text 807-474-7487
Phenomenal log home and guest cottage, absolutely extraordinary country setting! Nestled on an incredible 152 acres of northwestern Ontario's finest, this well-appointed and spacious log home comes with, just down the hill, a year-round log guest cottage, as well as two detached garages and a large modern barn!
Retreat and relax among nature — the rolling hills and river offer unsurpassed privacy and tranquility. Enjoy a favourite beverage on the large wrap-around deck with gazebo, or on the large interlocking-stone patio.
Custom built of pine logs, this home boast a generous 1,700 square feet — with an open-concept living room, formal dining room and pine eat-in kitchen with built-in appliances; a sunroom that faces south for plenty of sunshine all day long; two large bedrooms; a four-piece bathroom and main-floor laundry and storage. Several closets are in the bedrooms for even more storage.
Heating is by two wood-burning fireplaces, one is a centrepiece in the open-concept area and one is a wood stove in the kitchen, as well as a new high-efficiency forced-air propane furnace.
The year-round log guest cottage is open-concept with a soaring cathedral ceiling — with a sleeping area, living area, kitchen with eating area, plus a private three-piece bathroom. Nature can be enjoyed from the large veranda.
Other buildings on this property include a detached garage with heated work shop, a second garage, as well as a large modern barn.
Thunder Bay city amenities are a 25-minute drive away, Kakabeka Falls is just 15 minutes.
Call or text 807-474-7487 today to inquire further or to arrange an in-person showing of this exceptional log home with log guest cottage!
- metal roof
- wrap-around deck with gazebo
- interlocking-stone patio
- guest cottage with electric heating and 200-amp electricity
- detached single garage with electricity and automatic door opener
- detached single garage with work shop with electric heating, electricity and automatic door opener
- barn with 200-amp electricity
- mature trees
- 15 minutes to Kakabeka Falls
- 25 minutes to Thunder Bay
- four-piece (main floor)
- open-concept living room, dining room and kitchen
- living room with wood fireplace and door to deck
- pine eat-in kitchen with ceramic-tile back splash, new built-in appliances (cooktop and oven (2009), dishwasher (2016)) and counter lights
- sunroom with garden doors to deck
- new furnace (2015)
- water softener
- security system
- new washer and dryer (2013) included